Etax8849 offers professional guidance throughout the process of filing your Form 8849 online. Etax8849.com specializes in handling your return faster and securely, with flexible pricing options that best fit your business. If you are a tax professional, join with us to multiply the benefits while you file with us. Each and every filing benefits you.
Etax8849 software is easy-to-use and provides you clear instructions. General way to claim refunds of excise tax is done by Form 8849 which were reported on Form 720, Form 730 or Form 2290 is done by Form 8849. Form 8849 is also used to claim certain fuels or chemicals related refunds, or for the reduced tax rate.
What is form 8849?
Form 8849 is used to claim refunds of excise tax. The taxpayers claim their tax refunds under the Schedules 1, 2, 3, 5 and 8 for certain fuel related refunds like non-taxable uses or sales of fuels. and Schedule 6 is used for claims that are not reportable on Schedules 1,2,3,5 and 8 also include refunds of excise taxes.
Form 8849 and Its Schedules
Listing the Form 8849 Schedules 1,2,3,5, 6 and 8 which are utilized to claim certain fuel related refunds like non-taxable sales or uses of fuels.
- Schedule 1: Non-taxable Use of Fuels
A consumer who uses diesel fuel, kerosene, gasoline, aviation gasoline, gasohol, aviation fuel other than gasoline and Liquefied gas (LPG) can utilize this claim for refund.
- Schedule 2: Sales by Registered Ultimate Vendors
A registered trader who sells gasoline, aviation gasoline, kerosene used in aviation, un-dyed kerosene or un-dyed diesel fuel can utilize this claim for refund.
- Schedule 3: Certain Fuel Mixtures and the Alternative Fuel Credit
Schedule 3 is claimed for using Biodiesel or Renewable Diesel Mixture Credit and alternative fuel credit.
- Schedule 5: Section 4081(e) Claims
A consumer who has paid and reported under the section 4081 tax on their taxable fuel utilizes this claim to refund the tax.
- Schedule 6: Other Claims including the credit claim from Form 2290
Schedule 6 is used for claims which are not reportable on Schedules 1,2,3,5 and 8 also includes refunds taxes of Form 720, Form 730, Form 11-C, and Form 2290.
- Schedule 8: Registered Credit Card Issuers
Registered Credit Card issuers utilize this schedule to claim for refund of the paid tax on certain sales of taxable fuel such as kerosene, diesel or gasoline to local and state government.
Note: Do Not Use Form 8849
- To make alterations to the reported liability Form 720, that is filed previously. In this case, you can use Form 720X.
- To claim amounts which you took previously as a credit on Form 720 (Schedule C), Form 730, Form 2290 or Form 4136.
Why to File Form 8849?
Form 8849 is filed for the following reasons:
- Claims made on utilizing certain fuel related refunds.
- A customer and also a vendor can claim their refunds for a non-taxable use or sale of the fuels.
- When heavy vehicle highway tax filed on Form 2290, which is stolen or destroyed during the tax period.
- When selling a vehicle after filing Form 2290.
When to file Form 8849?
Forms 8849 is filed quarterly (due date is last day of the quarter month) during every financial year by electronically filing the Form 8849 as per the given instructions and attach all the information that is required. Form 8849 will be returned or refund will be delayed if you do not follow the specified procedure.
Why still waiting? E-file your 8849 tax return with best experienced IRS authorized e-file service provider Etax8849.com at affordable rates. We do bulk upload of data, so you get your tax filed processed in minutes. After filing the tax return, you get instant status notification. We value our customers and so we provide 24/7 dedicated customer support.